European Sound Specialist Education and Curriculum Exchange
We are a strategic partnership of professional organisations and education providers in the field of live sound engineering, co-funded by the ERASMUS+ programme of the European Union.
Together we are working to develop a comprehensive curriculum for a trans-national qualification of live sound engineers on Level 5 of the European Qualification Framework.
- VDT e.V. (coordinating partner, Germany)
- Akademie der OETHG (Austria)
- Erasmushogeschool Brussel (Belgium)
- EurAka Baden-Baden (Germany)
- IGVW e.V. (Germany)
- OETHG (Austria)
- Stichting OSAT (The Netherlands)
- STEPP (Belgium)
- VPT (The Netherlands)
Having receiving a formal approval of our project proposal in October 2021, we have kicked off the project at the 31. Tonmeistertagung / VDT International Convention in Düsseldorf, Germany, in November.
We are currently working on our first two interim results:
- a "Skills and Competences overview of pre-existing sound specialist qualifications of EQF level 5 or similar, by country", and
- a "Comparative table of market demands and stakeholder expectations for sound specialists, by country"
This research phase is scheduled to conclude in October 2022.
Based on its results, we will move to the final project result, the compliation of a "European Sound Specialist (ESS) curriculum and teaching manual"
Our first public multiplier event shall take place on November 23 and 24 at MEET 2022 (International Trade Fair for event technology & symposium for events and theatre), hosted by our partner OETHG in Vienna. Colleagues from the event engineering industry are welcome to join, please get in touch with us if you are interested (see below).
Please direct any inquiries about the ESSENCE project to