European Sound Specialist Education and Curriculum Exchange
We are a strategic partnership of professional organisations and education providers in the field of live sound engineering, co-funded by the ERASMUS+ programme of the European Union.
Together we are working to develop a comprehensive curriculum for a trans-national qualification of live sound engineers on Level 5 of the European Qualification Framework.
- VDT e.V. (coordinating partner, Germany)
- Akademie der OETHG (Austria)
- Erasmushogeschool Brussel (Belgium)
- EurAka Baden-Baden (Germany)
- IGVW e.V. (Germany)
- OETHG (Austria)
- Stichting OSAT (The Netherlands)
- STEPP (Belgium)
- VPT (The Netherlands)
Having receiving a formal approval of our project proposal in late October 2021, we have kicked off the project at the 31. Tonmeistertagung / VDT International Convention in Düsseldorf, Germany, in November.
We are currently recruiting experts to work on our first two interim results:
- a "Skills and Competences overview of pre-existing sound specialist qualifications of EQF level 5 or similar, by country", and
- a "Comparative table of market demands and stakeholder expectations for sound specialists, by country" This research phase is scheduled to conclude in June/July 2022. Based on its results, we will move to the final project result, the compliation of
- a "European Sound Specialist (ESS) curriculum and teaching manual"
Please direct any inquiries about the ESSENCE project to